About Our Organization: At Soukup Strategic Solutions, we have the privilege of advising our community’s top leaders in the nonprofit sector. Our clients have selected us to guide them in making their organizations more effective at achieving their missions. We are proud of our strong reputation as one of our community’s most trusted resources in grant writing, strategic planning, fundraising, nonprofit management, and Board development. Due to the demand of our services, we are expanding.
Our clients are large and small nonprofits that positively impact our world in countless ways. Their leaders are some of the most talented and generous people in our community. Through our work with them, we make a measurable impact on thousands of lives. Our clients depend on our expertise, and we see it as an honor to deliver high- quality service to them.
Our employees are self-motivated, life-long learners who value being members of a team dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of service. We seek new team members to help us build our clients’ capacities to fulfill their missions and achieve their goals. We are looking for talented professionals who share our love for working with nonprofits and who aspire to make a difference in the world. The ideal candidate has experience in the nonprofit sector, preferably in grant writing.
Job Location: The position is remote. The entire Grants team works remotely. Prefer a candidate who is located in SWFL.
Time Commitment: This is a full-time position of 40-hours per week. Some evening and weekend hours will be required to fulfill client needs.
Purpose: Responsible for providing support for the Company’s grant-related services. The position includes various duties, including researching grant opportunities; researching guidelines for specific funders; reading and writing; review and analysis of client data; entry of information into grant portals; data entry into client databases; printing and collating reports; organization of electronic files; and other duties as needed.
- Maintain grant records, including but not limited to, files of all proposals, contracts, and reports
- Enter data into the deadline-driven calendar of grant deadlines and activities
- Enter data to track and report funders’ responses to requests
- Prepare reports on behalf of the Client to funders in the manner specified by each funder
- Coordinate the work process from the release of the application through submission
- Work closely with your supervisor to understand the goals, objectives, and budget of the clients, related to specific funding requests
- Prepare grant proposals on behalf of clients
- Identify the required materials needed from the Client to complete funding requests
- Comply with grant submission guidelines
- Submit grant proposals on behalf of clients, including all required attachments, before the deadline and maintain documentation of submission
- Develop a deep understanding of clients’ programmatic offerings, innovations, and data to inform grant writing and reporting activities
- Research grant opportunities at the federal, state, and local level
- Determine whether funding opportunities match clients’ priorities for funding their programs and services
- Research guidelines for specific funders
- Meet with supervisor
- Prepare reports on work activities and progress toward Company objectives
- Keep track of and report time on Company timesheet
- Collaborate with other Company employees and interns
- Other general duties in support of the Company’s grant writing strategies
- Remaining stationery for periods of up to four hours
- Telephone and virtual conversations and meetings
- Interfacing with a computer
- Use of electronic mail
- Writing grants, letters, memos, and reports
- Work with others in a group or team
- Being exact or highly accurate
- Meeting strict deadlines
- Responsibility for work outcomes and results
Education and Experience
- English language and grammar skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Word
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines on multiple projects
- Ability to work remotely with a team
- Bachelor’s degree
Specific Knowledge / Skills Preferred:
- Previous use of eCivis, Grant Station, or other grant research platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of the grant writing process from research to reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising principles and ethics
- Understanding of online grant portals
- Experience creating budgets for grants
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
- Experience with DonorPerfect, Raiser’s Edge/NXT, Bloomerang, or other donor databases
- Previous use of Teams, GoToMeeting, Zoom
Our staff is working remotely. The Grants Team will be permanently remote. Looking for a candidate who lives in the Eastern time zone.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to Teresa Stohs, Director of Grant Services.